One afternoon earlier this month my daughter and I decided to dye eggs. She is currently learning about spring and dying eggs was one of the activities I thought she would enjoy. I’m not very experienced with egg dying so we watched a few Youtube videos together to figure out how we wanted to dye the eggs. She chose this method:
1. First we boiled the eggs and let them cool.
2. Once cool we placed an egg in a colander and poured a little vinegar on top. We only had malt vinegar on hand, but it worked.
3. Then my daughter put a drop of food coloring on the egg before swishing it around in the colander.
4. She repeated with another drop of a different color.
5. We then put the egg on an overturned egg carton to dry.